Rugby training date
DEREHAM Rugby Club start pre-season training on July 2 at 7pm at Moorgate under newly-appointed head coach Frank Affleck.He said said: “We're starting with fitness and ball skills…but don't panic, it won't be too demanding.
DEREHAM Rugby Club start pre-season training on July 2 at 7pm at Moorgate under newly-appointed head coach Frank Affleck.
He said said: “We're starting with fitness and ball skills…but don't panic, it won't be too demanding. The aim is to move towards a style of play that is exciting and runs through the whole club.”
The appointment of Affleck as coach is an important step for the club who have increased playing numbers over the past few years but failed to replicate the cohesive style of play that saw them win the Norfolk Cup and win promotion to Eastern Counties One a few seasons ago.
After the side finished comfortably mid table in Eastern Counties Two, club captain Scott Malcolmson was keen to move the teams forward in their development during the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
Malcolmson set out his plans for 2008-9: “Frank and his team have done a fantastic job with the youth section.
“We watch the boys play on a Sunday morning and you have to admire the open play and exciting style.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
“Having the same coaching regime throughout the club is a really positive step, and as the new players move up we intend to develop a really strong set-up that will challenge in the league and cups in the coming season.”
Dereham now run two senior sides every Saturday as well as a youth section that trains and plays on Sunday mornings.
New players of all abilities are very welcome to what is renowned as one of Norfolk's friendliest clubs. Details of youth training dates will be published shortly.