Second cup final for Mattishall

Horsford 3, Mattishall 3 (Mattishall won 3-1 on pens)MATTISHALL, already at Carrow Road in the Norfolk Senior Cup final, have now also reached the final of the Mummery Cup.

Horsford 3, Mattishall 3 (Mattishall won 3-1 on pens)

MATTISHALL, already at Carrow Road in the Norfolk Senior Cup final, have now also reached the final of the Mummery Cup.

Mattishall were facing their sixth straight away fixture for this Anglian Combination cup

semi-final against first division Horsford. Premier outfit Mattishall made one enforced change with Anema replacing the suspended Edwards.

Mattishall pushed forward from the start but a mistimed tackle by Fulcher led to a free-kick in a dangerous position which was cleared. Mattishall forced two corners before Lewis' pressure created him space and his strike forced Dawson into a sprawling save which resulted in another series of corners as Mattishall controlled the game.

On the half hour Mattishall's pressure finally paid off. Lewis won the ball on the touchline and found Hill whose early ball caught out the back four and Wooden advanced on goal before scoring.

Most Read

A long throw from Lewis found Wooden whose flicked header just went the wrong side of a post. The same combination then set up Hall who shot over. Mattishall were forced to make a change when Starling was forced out of the game through injury and was replaced by Gary Harbour.

On the restart the visitors forced an early corner and Halls delivery was straight on Coles head but the striker headed over the top.

Hall then fed Harbour whose lob was just turned round the post by Dawson. From Harbour's in-swinging corner the ball bounced of the top of the bar to safety.

United were gifted a route back into the game when Fulcher conceded a penalty kick and Nichols gave keeper Pledger no chance.

From Horsford's next attack they took the lead. Following a corner kick the ball was headed out to Nichols on the edge of the box and he volleyed it straight back into the roof of the net.

From completely controlling the tie, Mattishall found themselves trailing, but this team do not know when they are beaten.

Another one of Lewis' long throws was flicked on by Wooden to Cole whose shot was well saved by Dawson.

On 75 minutes a fine run by Lewis fed Cole whose second cross was just put the wrong side of the post by Wooden. A long Fulcher free-kick saw Wooden win another header and the ball fell to Hewitt who flashed his drive just wide.

With minutes remaining manager Tipple took off Palmer and replaced him with another striker in Christian Harbour whose simple instructions were 'get me a goal'.

And deep into stoppage time he obliged when a deep Lewis cross found skipper Hewitt whose excellent delivery was headed down by Wooden for Harbour to drill it into the corner of the net and take the game into extra time.

From a Horsford corner Hill's headed clearance struck Fulcher and dropped to Tidy who gave the hosts a extra-time interval lead.

In the second period of extra time, with minutes left, a Hall corner caused confusion in the home rearguard and Anema forced the ball into the back of the net.

Connelley then replaced Cole with the game heading towards a penalty shoot-out.

Horsford took the first kick and McKinney fired over. Connelly tucked safely away and then Pledger saved Nichols' second penalty.

Hewitt saw Mattishall's second kick well saved by Dawson then Tidy scored, but Hall put the visitors back in front when his

spot-kick just squirmed under the home keeper's body.

Colman blazed over the bar which left veteran Gary Harbour to coolly plant his kick into the corner of the net and send Mattishall into their second cup final.