Shipdham youngster James opens up his season with a win
- Credit: Archant
Shipdham racing driver James Hillery started his season's campaign with a win in the BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship.
Fifteen-year-old James, who has been racing karts since the age of six, started the weekend at Brands Hatch as one of the favourites to win the coveted championship.
Qualifying in second position on the grid at turn one James fell back to third place but as his tyres came on he picked his way to the front, taking the chequered flag.
In race two an incident at turn one pushed James back into third position and, with his tyres going off, he was unable to better that position.
James's father Terry said: 'To have a first and a third on the first weekend of the championship was fantastic and the Hillwood Motorsport boss Mark Woodwiss said the team worked so well in preparing the car and the set-up was spot on.'
You may also want to watch:
James now moves onto Cadwell Park for round two of the championship on the weekend of May 6 and 7.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Theatre fans rejoice! Local actors rehearsing new comedy play
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community