Six of best by Dereham
Dereham Colts II beat Norwich City IV 6-2.The game started fast with Dereham in possession right from the whistle. The first goal for Dereham was scored within minutes by Jackie Taylor with a well placed hit from a short corner.
Dereham Colts II beat Norwich City IV 6-2.
The game started fast with Dereham in possession right from the whistle.
The first goal for Dereham was scored within minutes by Jackie Taylor with a well placed hit from a short corner. The game continued to be played with Dereham having good possession, with good challenges from City breaking up the play.
A cross from Robyn Ollington from right midfield into the D was picked up by Fran Leverett on the left-hand post who scored Dereham's second goal.
City fought back with some good runs down the centre but these were caught by Dereham's defence and cleared up the wings. Dereham scored another after some good work by Krissy Barnard on the left who found Taylor waiting in the D to convert. As Dereham relaxed, however, City caught a break with a fast run through the midfield and defence straight to goal, and scored.
The half-time score was 4-1 to Dereham.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 5 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
The second half started faster, but quieter, the heat of the day affecting the players. City were playing further into Dereham's half and play intensified.
Good defensive work by Harriet Thorp and Beth Redpath kept the City attack at bay for a while, but City struck a well placed side-line hit into the D and scored a fast and good goal to make it 4-2.
However Dereham came back with another goal from Leverett (Dereham's man of the match) after determined play from Teresa Stolworthy in midfield.
Desperate for another goal, Dereham's midfield worked hard and well with the defence but City broke through to gain a short corner which was saved by Emily Barnard with a quick deflection.
A fourth goal for Dereham came a few minutes before the whistle blew with the final score 6-2 to Dereham Colts II.