Taverners pitch in at school
Pupils at Northgate High School were celebrating the installation of a new artificial cricket wicket this week. The Lord's Taverners have supported the project, giving a grant of £3,000.
Pupils at Northgate High School were celebrating the installation of a new artificial cricket wicket this week.
The Lord's Taverners have supported the project, giving a grant of £3,000.
The pitch, laid by Club Turf, is a full-length strip which hopefully will further enhance the development of cricket at Northgate.
Already the school has seven boys in all school years in the Norfolk schools cricket squads: Jason Reynolds U12, Daniel Weber U13, Lewis Denmark U14, Lewis Bates U14, Nic Cains U14, Alex Bates U15, Dale Reynolds U16.
You may also want to watch:
The school teams are also making a significant impact in this year's County Cup competitions.
The U12 team are in the quarter-finals, the U14 team are in the semi-finals of the 20/20 Cup and the quarter-finals of the Lord's Taverners Cup, the U15 team are in the quarter-finals of the Scott Chadd Cup and the final of the County 20/20 Cup. They defeated Norwich School in the semi-finals, bowling out Norwich for 111 and then scoring 115-4 wickets with Lewis Denmark scoring 53.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting