Ten-man Foulsham bow out of Norfolk Junior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Gt Massingham 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham went out of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the quarter-final stage when they lost to North West Norfolk League Division One side Great Massingham.
In their first game for six weeks, Foulsham started poorly and their inability to defend set pieces saw Massingham take the lead after only two minutes from a weak Foulsham clearance at a corner.
Foulsham created a number of good chances but were unable to score and paid the price when Massingham extended their lead.
Foulsham did pull a goal back early in the second half through Ben Darby when the referee over-ruled the linesman to award a goal.
You may also want to watch:
As Foulsham pressed for the equaliser, Massingham scored their third thanks to some terrible defensive mix-ups.
It got worse when Foulsham keeper James Deacon was shown the red card for bringing down a Massingham player outside the penalty area. Substitute Dayne Mayes put on the gloves and made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
Foulsham continued to press and did grab a second goal through Richie Young but it was not enough.
Foulsham Reserves won 3-2 at home against Scole United Reserves.
Foulsham took a two-goal lead through Marc Willimott and James Brownley but then conceded two goals before Ollie Bamforth struck the winner.