Ten-man Foulsham bow out of Norfolk Junior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Gt Massingham 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham went out of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the quarter-final stage when they lost to North West Norfolk League Division One side Great Massingham.
In their first game for six weeks, Foulsham started poorly and their inability to defend set pieces saw Massingham take the lead after only two minutes from a weak Foulsham clearance at a corner.
Foulsham created a number of good chances but were unable to score and paid the price when Massingham extended their lead.
Foulsham did pull a goal back early in the second half through Ben Darby when the referee over-ruled the linesman to award a goal.
You may also want to watch:
As Foulsham pressed for the equaliser, Massingham scored their third thanks to some terrible defensive mix-ups.
It got worse when Foulsham keeper James Deacon was shown the red card for bringing down a Massingham player outside the penalty area. Substitute Dayne Mayes put on the gloves and made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
Foulsham continued to press and did grab a second goal through Richie Young but it was not enough.
Foulsham Reserves won 3-2 at home against Scole United Reserves.
Foulsham took a two-goal lead through Marc Willimott and James Brownley but then conceded two goals before Ollie Bamforth struck the winner.