Ten-man Foulsham bow out of Norfolk Junior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Gt Massingham 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham went out of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the quarter-final stage when they lost to North West Norfolk League Division One side Great Massingham.
In their first game for six weeks, Foulsham started poorly and their inability to defend set pieces saw Massingham take the lead after only two minutes from a weak Foulsham clearance at a corner.
Foulsham created a number of good chances but were unable to score and paid the price when Massingham extended their lead.
Foulsham did pull a goal back early in the second half through Ben Darby when the referee over-ruled the linesman to award a goal.
You may also want to watch:
As Foulsham pressed for the equaliser, Massingham scored their third thanks to some terrible defensive mix-ups.
It got worse when Foulsham keeper James Deacon was shown the red card for bringing down a Massingham player outside the penalty area. Substitute Dayne Mayes put on the gloves and made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 7 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Foulsham continued to press and did grab a second goal through Richie Young but it was not enough.
Foulsham Reserves won 3-2 at home against Scole United Reserves.
Foulsham took a two-goal lead through Marc Willimott and James Brownley but then conceded two goals before Ollie Bamforth struck the winner.