Ten-man Foulsham bow out of Norfolk Junior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Gt Massingham 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham went out of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the quarter-final stage when they lost to North West Norfolk League Division One side Great Massingham.
In their first game for six weeks, Foulsham started poorly and their inability to defend set pieces saw Massingham take the lead after only two minutes from a weak Foulsham clearance at a corner.
Foulsham created a number of good chances but were unable to score and paid the price when Massingham extended their lead.
Foulsham did pull a goal back early in the second half through Ben Darby when the referee over-ruled the linesman to award a goal.
As Foulsham pressed for the equaliser, Massingham scored their third thanks to some terrible defensive mix-ups.
It got worse when Foulsham keeper James Deacon was shown the red card for bringing down a Massingham player outside the penalty area. Substitute Dayne Mayes put on the gloves and made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
Foulsham continued to press and did grab a second goal through Richie Young but it was not enough.
Foulsham Reserves won 3-2 at home against Scole United Reserves.
Foulsham took a two-goal lead through Marc Willimott and James Brownley but then conceded two goals before Ollie Bamforth struck the winner.