Title won in first season
SWANTON Morley A went into their last West Norfolk League Division Five match needing a win to secure the title in their first season.Gary Whiteside, who retired hurt, returned to the action to hit an unbeaten 66 as Swanton Morley a secured their victory.
SWANTON Morley A went into their last West Norfolk League Division Five match needing a win to secure the title in their first season.
Gary Whiteside, who retired hurt, returned to the action to hit an unbeaten 66 as Swanton Morley a secured their victory.
Ryan Hixson gave them a good start by getting both Fakenham B openers out caught and bowled. Despite tight bowling by him and fellow opening bowler Sorren Gauntlett, no further breakthroughs were made.
Fakenham's A Riseborough and R Hunter then made steady progress taking the score to 67 before the introduction of Barry Green and Luke Folan caused a collapse with Green capturing three wickets and Folan two, and two run outs saw Fakenham all out for 92.
You may also want to watch:
Swanton Morley were given a steady start by Arthur Lake and Gary Whiteside before Whiteside had to retire hurt with the score at 15-0.
After the tea interval Luke Folan was dismissed for two and Whiteside resumed his innings. He went on to complete his 50 and ended unbeaten on 66 with Lake 20 not out as Swanton Morley reached their target without the loss of any more wickets.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 5 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 6 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 7 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 8 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 9 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 10 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out