Title won in first season
SWANTON Morley A went into their last West Norfolk League Division Five match needing a win to secure the title in their first season.Gary Whiteside, who retired hurt, returned to the action to hit an unbeaten 66 as Swanton Morley a secured their victory.
SWANTON Morley A went into their last West Norfolk League Division Five match needing a win to secure the title in their first season.
Gary Whiteside, who retired hurt, returned to the action to hit an unbeaten 66 as Swanton Morley a secured their victory.
Ryan Hixson gave them a good start by getting both Fakenham B openers out caught and bowled. Despite tight bowling by him and fellow opening bowler Sorren Gauntlett, no further breakthroughs were made.
Fakenham's A Riseborough and R Hunter then made steady progress taking the score to 67 before the introduction of Barry Green and Luke Folan caused a collapse with Green capturing three wickets and Folan two, and two run outs saw Fakenham all out for 92.
You may also want to watch:
Swanton Morley were given a steady start by Arthur Lake and Gary Whiteside before Whiteside had to retire hurt with the score at 15-0.
After the tea interval Luke Folan was dismissed for two and Whiteside resumed his innings. He went on to complete his 50 and ended unbeaten on 66 with Lake 20 not out as Swanton Morley reached their target without the loss of any more wickets.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road