Top marks for school team
Both the U12 and U14 cricket teams at Northgate High School, Dereham, won their league play-off finals last week.The U12 team (pictured) defeated Taverham High School by 12 runs.
Both the U12 and U14 cricket teams at Northgate High School, Dereham, won their league play-off finals last week.
The U12 team (pictured) defeated Taverham High School by 12 runs.
Northgate batted first and scored 130-5 of 20 overs with Jason Reynolds scoring 75.
This was a good total to set in 20 overs and Taverham came close. When the final over arrived they needed 15 but could only manage three. A very good game to mark a successful season for the U12 team who also reached the semi finals of the County Cup and were runners-up in the county indoor tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The U14 team were also successful, defeating Eaton CNS. Eaton batted first and did not apply themselves well on the slow wicket. Daniel Weber bowled particularly well to take 3-4 in the Eaton score of 59. Daniel also performed well with the bat, scoring 31 not out and together with Lewis Denmark (17) Northgate scored the 60 runs for the loss of three wickets in 12 overs.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state