Town end dismal run
Haverhill Rovers 0, Dereham Town 1Manager Matti Henman made changes and saw his Magpies end their dismal run at Hamlet Croft on Saturday with the only goal of the match from Simon Mowbray after 12 minutes.
Haverhill Rovers 0, Dereham Town 1
Manager Matti Henman made changes and saw his Magpies end their dismal run at Hamlet Croft on Saturday with the only goal of the match from Simon Mowbray after 12 minutes.
Dereham took time to adjust to the uneven playing surface but Beaumont's cross from the right went past the far post then he saw a shot on the turn drift inches wide, writes
You may also want to watch:
As the Magpies' confidence began to grow, Olly Willis burst forward and after the ball had ricocheted in the Haverhill box, it fell to Mowbray who struck a cracking left-foot drive into the roof of the net from 16 yards.
Campbell dropped a Terrington cross as the Dereham pressure continued then punched clear a Terrington free-kick.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
The home side had struggled to create any openings before Banham forced Baker into a fine save low to his left.
On the 40th minute Terrington hit a 25-yarder that hit the base of a post.
Dereham pressed in the opening 10 minutes of the second half, winning two corners. At the other end Westcott drilled a shot across Baker's six-yard box and wide
Dereham boss Henman made his first change with Howell replacing Sam Willis on the right.
In the 73rd minute Beaumont stabbed Mowbray's cross narrowly wide. Beaumont went close as the Magpies searched for a second goal. In the 83rd minute Beaumont looped a header onto the post from Smith's centre with Mowbray having a close-range effort charged down from the rebound.
Dereham: N Baker, D Buhlemann, A Gusterson, S Williams, D Beaumont, S Willis, A Smith, S Mowbray, T Garrett, C Terrington. Subs: P Atkins, N Howell, T Watts, J Higgs, M Simmonds.