Travelling Seasiders hit back to win with four second-half goals

Diss Town have a new manager. Picture: Archant

Diss Town have a new manager. Picture: Archant - Credit: Archant

The Seasiders got back to winning ways on Saturday away at Easton as both Wells sides travelled to the college to play the hosts' first and reserve sides.

The match was played on the college 4G pitch and is not liked by several of the squad. Wells found themselves a goal down after only five minutes when a strange incident saw the ball cleared and rebound in to the goal off the back of the home forward.

Wells continued to search for that elusive equaliser and on several occasions thought it had arrived only for the final shot to go wide.

The Seasiders hoped for a better start to the second period only to concede straight from the restart. Now 2-0 down, it was not looking good for the travelling supporters.

Lloyd Briggs reduced the arrears midway through the second period, Matt Blake levelled at 2-2 again with a well-taken goal and Matt Pooley then added a third to put Wells in the driving seat at 3-2 before Easton came back to level at 3-3.

Ross Brewster, Adam Darlow and Aaron Myhill were added to the match as Wells looked to win and with only a few minutes remaining Luke Goss hit a low, hard shot that gave the home keeper no chance to secure the three points.

Wells Reserves didn't fare quite as well as the first team although the score was 0-0 at the interval.

Most Read

In the second period the hosts scored three goals in 10 minutes. Jack Castlo reduced the arrears before a fourth was added to finish the match at 4-1 to Easton.

Wells Reserves travel to Acle United Reserves on Saturday with a 2.30pm kick-off.

Wells first team had earlier travelled to face UEA in the league, having lost to the same side in the semi-final of the County Cup only two weeks earlier by the same scoreline.

Both sides settled quickly on a pitch that resembled a moon crater with nothing but rabbit holes. Both sides created several chances with the home keeper making some good reflex saves to keep the scores level.

With 30 minutes gone it was the home side who had a lucky break as the ball wasn't cleared and the striker flicked it between the bar and visiting defence.

With an hour gone and only one goal adrift Wells went 2-0 down when a good strike went in off the upright. The visitors still created chances and reduced the arrears when Matt Pooley hit home from the edge of the 18-yard box.