Trophy dates for Dereham Town

Dereham Town will be visiting fellow Ridgeons League Premier Division club Kirkley & Pakefield in the second round of the FA Vase on Saturday, November 15.

Dereham Town will be visiting fellow Ridgeons League Premier Division club Kirkley & Pakefield in the second round of the FA Vase on Saturday, November 15.

The Suffolk side won their home replay 5-1 against Yaxley at Walmer Road.

In the Norfolk Senior Cup fourth round on November 22, Dereham entertain Diss.

On Tuesday night they entertain Fakenham in the Ridgeons League Cup.

Histon Reserves 4, Dereham Town 2

THE Magpies' good run of form ended in Ridgeons Premier defeat on Saturday.

Most Read

Matty Henman included new signing Chris Bacon in his line-up with ex-Magpie Danny Wright leading the line for Histon at the Glass World Stadium, writes Rene Kendal.

Histon stunned Dereham with a goal in the third minute.

Okay delivered a deep cross to the far post which eluded Furlong and was headed back by Nightingale to Nathaniel Knight-Percival who slammed the ball home from close range.

From the restart Andrews clipped the top of Higgs' bar with a 30-yard drive. As Dereham regrouped Terrington had a close-range effort blocked by Pope at the expense of a corner that was cleared. From a second flag kick Barrett headed Terrington's centre into the side netting.

The visitors were forced into a change with Eastoe-Smith replacing the injured Adam Smith.

Histon then missed two good chances, with Ollie Willis clearing Nightingale's weak shot off the line before Andrews headed wide with the goal at his mercy following a cross from the right in the 14th minute.

The home side pressed again with Andrews ballooning a 14-yard drive over the top.

Histon continued to look dangerous and defender Buhlemann failed to deal with a cross from the right which allowed Andrew Tidswell to head home, giving Higgs no chance in the 25th minute.

The Magpies were struggling but they won a penalty in the 29th minute when Knight-Percival made a clumsy challenge on Bacon.

From the spot kick Danny Beaumont beat keeper Welsh with a well-struck drive.

The goal settled the Magpies and Barrett drilled a 30-yard shot over the top after a good passing move.

Play was now open with both defences remaining on top. The half ended with Dereham skipper Barrett receiving a yellow card.

In the second half, Wright was allowed space outside the Dereham box but shot tamely into Higgs' arms.

The Stukes won a flag kick on the left but Wright was penalised for a foul on Higgs. The ex-Dereham player had been struggling with an injury and was replaced by Yong.

Histon won two free-kicks on the right. From the second the unchallenged Knight-Percival headed home Nightingale's centre in the 53rd minute.

The home side then caught the Magpies with a quick break and Barker's attempted chip failed to trouble Higgs.

Atkins replaced Howell in the 64th minute. Dereham were failing to produce any flowing football with Histon increasing their lead in the 69th minute.

After Higgs had saved Tidswell's initial effort the ball fell kindly to Jamie Barker who had the simple task of rolling the ball into an unguarded net.

It could have been worse a few minutes later when Barker teed up with Charalambus who fired wide with Dereham looking lacklustre.

In the 80th minute Beaumont found space down the right, delivering a fine cross that sped past Atkins at the far post.

Two crosses from the left caused problems for the visiting defence before Terrington's half-hit shot was saved by home keeper Welch.

With minutes remaining Paul Atkins latched onto keeper Higgs' long clearance and drilled home a late consolation goal.

Histon cruised to a comfortable victory with Dereham having an off-day.

Dereham Town: J Higgs, O Willis, B Furlong, S Willis, D Buhlemann, D Beaumont, N Howell, K Smith, C Bacon, T Barrett, C Terrington. Subs: S Garner, P Atkins, J Eastoe-Smith, G Watts.