Vase trip to Swans for winning Magpies
Dereham Town have been drawn away to Buckinghamshire outfit Newport Pagnell Town in the second round proper of the FA Vase on November 14.The Swans, who date back to only 1963, are mid-table in the United Counties League Premier Division with 11 points from 10 games.
Dereham Town have been drawn away to Buckinghamshire outfit Newport Pagnell Town in the second round proper of the FA Vase on November 14.
The Swans, who date back to only 1963, are mid-table in the United Counties League Premier Division with 11 points from 10 games.
The Magpies, who had no game at the weekend, on Saturday visit Hadleigh United.
Ely City 1, Dereham Town 3
THE Magpies came from behind to win 3-1 at Ely City Tuesday night.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 3 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 4 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 5 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 6 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 7 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 8 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 9 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 10 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
Danny Beaumont equalised from the penalty spot within five minutes of the home side going ahead from a corner.
Robbie Harris headed in a cross from Olly Willis for the Magpies' second immediately after the interval, and Beaumont made it three with an unstoppable free-kick before Ely's night worsened with a red card for Richard Chadwick.
The result sees Dereham seventh in the Ridgeons Premier with 17 points from 12 games, 10 points adrift of joint leaders Leiston and Needham Market, who have played the same number of games.
Dereham Reserves, 7-0 home winners over Whitton Reserves on Saturday, top the Ridgeons Reserve Teams North Division with five wins from five games.