Volunteers out in force
CRICKET: Bradenham CC got their pre-season off to a flying start when around 25 players and volunteers got together on The Green on Sunday morning under the NatWest CricketForce banner.
This is is a nationwide initiative for clubs around the country to improve and refurbish their facilities.
This year the club have renovated the outside of the pavilion by replacing the old exterior which has been in place for over 50 years, giving the pavilion a completely new look.
The outside paint work has been refreshed, and amongst other projects the interior has been given a spring clean and the equipment store cleaned for the first time in several years.
Chairman Tim Evans, who is pictured with some of the helpers in front of the pavilion, said: 'As a club we have always supported the annual CricketForce event, and given the fantastic weather it was great to see such a good turn-out.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very grateful to all those who gave their time, with off-the-field activities of equal importance to events on the field. We have a very committed group of volunteers without whom the club would not survive.'
Over 1,800 clubs in the country have taken part in this year's event with a record 32 in Norfolk.
- 1 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 2 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Please be patient' - Surgery bids to vaccinate 2,500 over-80s
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
Bradenham, who are this year sponsored by Trek Highway Services, start their season on Saturday with the annual John Dewing Memorial challenge match with Shipdham and on Sunday, Saham Toney are the visitors in a friendly. Both matches start at 1.30pm.