Volunteers out in force
CRICKET: Bradenham CC got their pre-season off to a flying start when around 25 players and volunteers got together on The Green on Sunday morning under the NatWest CricketForce banner.
This is is a nationwide initiative for clubs around the country to improve and refurbish their facilities.
This year the club have renovated the outside of the pavilion by replacing the old exterior which has been in place for over 50 years, giving the pavilion a completely new look.
The outside paint work has been refreshed, and amongst other projects the interior has been given a spring clean and the equipment store cleaned for the first time in several years.
Chairman Tim Evans, who is pictured with some of the helpers in front of the pavilion, said: 'As a club we have always supported the annual CricketForce event, and given the fantastic weather it was great to see such a good turn-out.
'I am very grateful to all those who gave their time, with off-the-field activities of equal importance to events on the field. We have a very committed group of volunteers without whom the club would not survive.'
Over 1,800 clubs in the country have taken part in this year's event with a record 32 in Norfolk.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 3 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 4 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 5 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 6 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 7 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 8 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 9 Police ask public to check sheds in search for missing man
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
Bradenham, who are this year sponsored by Trek Highway Services, start their season on Saturday with the annual John Dewing Memorial challenge match with Shipdham and on Sunday, Saham Toney are the visitors in a friendly. Both matches start at 1.30pm.