Wanderers in bright form
Bungay Town 1, Bradenham Wanderers 3
In Saturday's Anglian Combination Divisiion One match Wanderers started brightly and it took them only 10 minutes to take the lead when an accurate cross from Bush was cleverly headed home by Spalding.
Play evened out, but Bradenham went further ahead after half-an-hour when Spalding scored his second after good work by Frost.
Ten minutes into the second half Bungay were awarded a penalty, which they converted despite an excellent effort from keeper Butters, who managed to get a hand to the ball but could not quite keep it out.
You may also want to watch:
Bradenham increased their lead on 60 minutes when a good forward run and pass by Frost played in Forder, who finished clinically.
The vistors continued to press, but despite hitting a post they could not add to their tally.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Manager Les Tufts will be pleased with the recent run of good results and the positive attitude of his team, which has seen them rise to a respectable mid-table position.
Saturday will provide a stern test with the visit of second-placed Long Stratton to Hale Road.