Wanderers not happy with draw
Stalham Town 1, Bradenham Wanderers 1.
WANDERERS played out an uninspiring draw at Stalham on Saturday on a rather bumpy surface.
The visitors started brightly enough and on 15 minutes Forder chased a hopeful long ball into the Stalham area and just managed to beat the home keeper to the first touch. That left him with an easy tap-in to put his side ahead.
On 32 minutes Stalham put together a decent move which left their forward with a simple chance to bring the scores level.
The rest of the first half was played out almost exclusively in midfield with no further addition to the score.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was generally no more exciting than the first with most of the action in the middle of the park and neither keeper having to make a difficult save.
It was not until the final minutes that Bradenham had their only real chance of a winner when Forder hit a sweet volley just over the bar.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
At the start of the season most players and supporters would have considered this to be an excellent result.
But due to the team's recent fine run of form in Anglian Combination Division One, they were all disappointed not to take home all three points.
Bradenham, now fifth in the table, on Saturday entertain Holt, who are seventh and three points worse off.