Wanderers not happy with draw
Stalham Town 1, Bradenham Wanderers 1.
WANDERERS played out an uninspiring draw at Stalham on Saturday on a rather bumpy surface.
The visitors started brightly enough and on 15 minutes Forder chased a hopeful long ball into the Stalham area and just managed to beat the home keeper to the first touch. That left him with an easy tap-in to put his side ahead.
On 32 minutes Stalham put together a decent move which left their forward with a simple chance to bring the scores level.
The rest of the first half was played out almost exclusively in midfield with no further addition to the score.
The second half was generally no more exciting than the first with most of the action in the middle of the park and neither keeper having to make a difficult save.
It was not until the final minutes that Bradenham had their only real chance of a winner when Forder hit a sweet volley just over the bar.
- 1 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
At the start of the season most players and supporters would have considered this to be an excellent result.
But due to the team's recent fine run of form in Anglian Combination Division One, they were all disappointed not to take home all three points.
Bradenham, now fifth in the table, on Saturday entertain Holt, who are seventh and three points worse off.