Wanderers riding high
Anglian Windows 0, Bradenham Wanderers 5Another satisfying afternoon for Bradenham who hold on to their second position in Anglian Combination Division Two, four points behind CEYMS but with three games in hand.
Anglian Windows 0, Bradenham Wanderers 5
Another satisfying afternoon for Bradenham who hold on to their second position in Anglian Combination Division Two, four points behind CEYMS but with three games in hand.
Bradenham were comfortable winners on a poor playing surface. After nine minutes a Woodcock free-kick from the right converted by Frappell's header.
A well-worked move ended with Forder's through ball just beating Miller's run. A mis-kick by the home keeper was picked up by Woodcock whose left-foot shot flew wide. A Palin shot was cleared off the line. It was all Bradenham and a shot from Melton just cleared the bar before Forder's effort went wide.
You may also want to watch:
A rare home attack was cancelled out by Melton who headed back to his keeper Findlay.
On 43 minutes a break down the right ended with Palin beating his marker to slot home. Straight from the kick-off Bradenham won possession and Forder was played in to score: half time 3-0.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Palin burst through the home defence and his shot from outside the box was well saved. The resultant corner found Melton and from close range he blasted high over the bar.
On 55 minutes Forder broke from the halfway line, cleverly beat two defenders and coolly slotted home. On 58 minutes another quick break saw Forder square the ball from the left for the on-rushing Bush to plant home.
Then Bush burst through again, taking the ball past the keeper but also out of play.
In the last meaningful attack of the game another Bush shot was pushed onto a post by the home keeper.