Watson hits fine form
Sean Watson, 16, from Dereham (pictured below), continued his winning ways by notching up two more wins during the week.
He competed in the first of the mid-week Fritton Aquathlon series and started the season where he left off last year by winning the event and posting both the fastest run and swim times for the event.
This win had the added bonus of setting a new run record by beating his previous time by eight seconds.
At the weekend Watson also competed at the St Felix junior triathlon in Suffolk in preparation for the British championships in June.
The race saw him record his second win of the week when he finished in joint first place.
You may also want to watch:
This performance saw him put together three solid disciplines, with his first sub-five minute 400m triathlon swim of the year, a very good cycle leg over a less than ideal course – and he finished with the fastest run time of the day.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town