Weather hits hard
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk LeagueThe wintry weather took its toll on the fixture list with several postponed or abandoned because of the snowfall.
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
The wintry weather took its toll on the fixture list with several postponed or abandoned because of the snowfall.
Most of the action was concentrated on the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
The first division clubs joined the competition and four failed to progress - three succumbing to second division opposition after failing to take home advantage.
Holders Hingham Athletic lost 2-0 to Wymondham Town A, Gressenhall were beaten 3-1 by Cockers while Hingham Athletic Reserves enjoyed a notable 3-1 win at Toftwood Rangers.
In an all-first division clash, Bridgham United beat Yaxham 3-2. Rockland United won 4-3 at Castle Acre Swifts and East Harling Reserves beat Saham Toney Reserves 3-2.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
It was a bad day for Shropham United, with the first team losing 2-0 at Sporle and the reserves beaten 5-0 by Foulsham Reserves.
The match between Bawdeswell and Morley Village Reserves ended 3-3, but it is Morley who go through 3-2 after a dramatic penalty shoot-out.
Friday saw Thetford Athletic win 6-0 at Swaffham Town A.
Division Two leaders Attleborough Town A lost 5-2 at Watton United A.
In Division three, Wendling gained their first win with a 2-0 success at Rockland United Reserves.
Shipdham Reserves replace them at the bottom of the table after losing 3-0 at Thetford Rovers Reserves.
In Division Four, Colkirk won 5-2 at Breckland Wanderers to move second.
Methwold Rovers beat Fakenham Town A 4-1.