Wells continue climb to safety
WELLS Town continued their climb to safety with a spirited display at Maltings Meadow where they defeated third-placed Bungay Town 1-0.A battling performance by every member of the team produced three hard-earned points.
WELLS Town continued their climb to safety with a spirited display at Maltings Meadow where they defeated third-placed Bungay Town 1-0.
A battling performance by every member of the team produced three hard-earned points. Wells' defence cleared any real danger but there was one scare as the ball rattled Molyneux's crossbar in the second half.
The winning goal saw East pinch the ball off a home defender to slot home. This lifted the home side who searched in vain for a equaliser but the visitors held out.
This result has seen them five matches undefeated and has pushed the club into 12th position.
You may also want to watch:
Final score: Bungay Town 0, Wells Town 1.
Wells Town travel to Caister on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Wells Reserves, with players moving up to assist the first-team survival bid, rallied a side together to face Wymondham Reserves with Campbell and Page signing on to assist. Unfortunately the visitors pinched the points with two goals.
Wells Town FC would like to thank James Page for his assistance as reserve team manager, James has stepped down as manager, Matty Griffin and Gavin Rutland have taken over until the end of the season. Training will continue at Beach Road every Wednesday at 7pm. Wells Reserves travel to Marlingford on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).