Wells continue climb to safety
WELLS Town continued their climb to safety with a spirited display at Maltings Meadow where they defeated third-placed Bungay Town 1-0.A battling performance by every member of the team produced three hard-earned points.
WELLS Town continued their climb to safety with a spirited display at Maltings Meadow where they defeated third-placed Bungay Town 1-0.
A battling performance by every member of the team produced three hard-earned points. Wells' defence cleared any real danger but there was one scare as the ball rattled Molyneux's crossbar in the second half.
The winning goal saw East pinch the ball off a home defender to slot home. This lifted the home side who searched in vain for a equaliser but the visitors held out.
This result has seen them five matches undefeated and has pushed the club into 12th position.
You may also want to watch:
Final score: Bungay Town 0, Wells Town 1.
Wells Town travel to Caister on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Wells Reserves, with players moving up to assist the first-team survival bid, rallied a side together to face Wymondham Reserves with Campbell and Page signing on to assist. Unfortunately the visitors pinched the points with two goals.
Wells Town FC would like to thank James Page for his assistance as reserve team manager, James has stepped down as manager, Matty Griffin and Gavin Rutland have taken over until the end of the season. Training will continue at Beach Road every Wednesday at 7pm. Wells Reserves travel to Marlingford on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).