Wells join pace-setters
Wells Town 2, Stalham Town 1THE Seasiders went into this contest knowing three points from the match would see them go equal top of Anglian Combination Division One with the teams around them playing in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Wells Town 2, Stalham Town 1
THE Seasiders went into this contest knowing three points from the match would see them go equal top of Anglian Combination Division One with the teams around them playing in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Both sides started brightly with the visitors edging the early play, Stalham created two very good chances to score, however the forwards shot over when well placed to have done better. Wells started to create chances for themselves but solid defending and the safe hands of Nicholls kept the scores level at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Wells started the second period by pushing the visitors back, and in the 58th minute Grocotts powerful shot was forced into the net by a visiting defender, this allowed Wells a little more space and in the 66th minute Gray turned his marker and curled his shot passed Nicholls from an acute angle.
Wells were now looking safe, however a poor tackle in the box saw the visitors reduce the arrears from the spot, Bailey's spot kick was placed just out of the reach of Molyneux, The visitors then pushed forward in search of the equaliser, solid defending held out for the win.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
Wells Town host Long Stratton on Saturday in the Mummery Cup, 2pm.
Corton Res 6, Wells Town Res 0
Wells Reserves travelled to face Corton with key players unavailable and matched their hosts until the 30th minute when Wick saw red for a second yellow card, Wells then struggled and conceded at regular intervals. Wells Res travel to Horsford Res on Saturday in the KO Cup.