Wells join pace-setters
Wells Town 2, Stalham Town 1THE Seasiders went into this contest knowing three points from the match would see them go equal top of Anglian Combination Division One with the teams around them playing in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Wells Town 2, Stalham Town 1
THE Seasiders went into this contest knowing three points from the match would see them go equal top of Anglian Combination Division One with the teams around them playing in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Both sides started brightly with the visitors edging the early play, Stalham created two very good chances to score, however the forwards shot over when well placed to have done better. Wells started to create chances for themselves but solid defending and the safe hands of Nicholls kept the scores level at the interval.
Wells started the second period by pushing the visitors back, and in the 58th minute Grocotts powerful shot was forced into the net by a visiting defender, this allowed Wells a little more space and in the 66th minute Gray turned his marker and curled his shot passed Nicholls from an acute angle.
Wells were now looking safe, however a poor tackle in the box saw the visitors reduce the arrears from the spot, Bailey's spot kick was placed just out of the reach of Molyneux, The visitors then pushed forward in search of the equaliser, solid defending held out for the win.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
Wells Town host Long Stratton on Saturday in the Mummery Cup, 2pm.
Corton Res 6, Wells Town Res 0
Wells Reserves travelled to face Corton with key players unavailable and matched their hosts until the 30th minute when Wick saw red for a second yellow card, Wells then struggled and conceded at regular intervals. Wells Res travel to Horsford Res on Saturday in the KO Cup.