Witchingham looking for form
Great Witchingham completed a miserable July with a five-wicket defeat at home to Bury St Edmunds.The hosts were put into bat in a reduced overs contest and skipper James Spelman continued his fine form by hitting 53.
Great Witchingham completed a miserable July with a five-wicket defeat at home to Bury St Edmunds.
The hosts were put into bat in a reduced overs contest and skipper James Spelman continued his fine form by hitting 53. Several other batsmen made starts but Witchingham posted 175 for seven from their 56 overs, with Tom Rash taking five wickets.
Spelman and Jason Dawes then claimed a couple of wickets each to leave the match in the balance with Bury on 126 for five, before Nick Lee (71no) guided the visitors home with eight balls to spare.
It was Witchingham's third defeat of the month to go with two drawn games as Spelman's side slipped further down the table.
You may also want to watch:
Great Witchingham: J M Spelman lbw Rash 53, S Arthurton Snr c Nunn b Turnbull 16, S Arthurton lbw Rash 3, T Collishaw b Rash 26, J Dawes c Harvey b Rash 24, S Chipperfield b Rash 11, J Page c Harvey b T Huggins 10, J O Spelman not out 11, S Logan not out 9; extras 12. Total (7 wkts, 56 overs) 175.
Bowling: P Turnbull 10-4-18-1, S Rees 6-0-24-0, M Nunn 3-0-10-0, T Rash 18-4-46-5, T Huggins 18-3-57-1, J McKinney 1-0-11-0.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
Bury St Edmunds: T Huggins b Dawes 13, O Huggins b Hawes 6, F Klokker c Groves b J O Spelman 26, N Lees not out 71, P Turnbull b J M Spelman 18, S Harvey lbw J M Spelman 24; S Rees not out 24; extras 10. Total (5 wkts, 44.4 overs) 176.
Bowling: S Logan 10.4-1-57-0, J Dawes 12-4-22-2, J M Spelman 12-0-52-2, J O Spelman 5-0-22-1, T Collishaw 5-0-19-0.