Witchingham result in balance
There was an exciting EAPL finish at Cambridge Granta, where Great Witchingham narrowly failed to win - but were also close to losing.Witchingham batted first and a stand of 76 between James Spelman and Ben Harvey set them on their way.
There was an exciting EAPL finish at Cambridge Granta, where Great Witchingham narrowly failed to win - but were also close to losing.
Witchingham batted first and a stand of 76 between James Spelman and Ben Harvey set them on their way.
Harvey was out for 34, but Spelman went on to make 64, although Witchingham failed to build on that base and stumbled to 180 for eight from 66 overs. Spelman's brother, Jonathan, was the only other batsman to make an impact as he contributed 26no.
James Spelman then starred with the ball, taking four for 46 and Carl Rogers bagged three for 53, while Craig Park hit 66 for Granta.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides strove for victory in the closing stages, but Granta closed on 177 for nine as the game finished in a draw.
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church