Yaxham go clear at top of Central & South Norfolk League Division One
Yaxham 3, North Elmham 1
Yaxham moved three points clear at the top of Central & South Norfolk League Division One with victory at home to North Elmham on Saturday.
Missing skipper Matt Barden and vice-captain Joe Witty, manager Jon Barnes called up Kyle Pease and Charlie Gray from the reserves and made Jason Knight captain.
After a lacklustre performance in the first half it was 0-0 at the break.
The breakthrough came when an Elmham defender headed into his own net after a ball into the area from Louie Rutherford caused panic.
Stuart Woodcock soon found himself bearing down on goal, rounding the keeper before having his effort cleared off the line, but fortunately the ball fell to the feet of Knight who made it 2-0.
Elmham forced Danny Rae into an excellent save from a free-kick, before pulling one back.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
From another Rutherford cross, Jonno Curtis converted his first for Yaxham to make the score 3-1.
Yaxham could even afford a penalty miss as the normally reliable Craig Clarke failed from the spot.