Yaxham go clear at top of Central & South Norfolk League Division One
Yaxham 3, North Elmham 1
Yaxham moved three points clear at the top of Central & South Norfolk League Division One with victory at home to North Elmham on Saturday.
Missing skipper Matt Barden and vice-captain Joe Witty, manager Jon Barnes called up Kyle Pease and Charlie Gray from the reserves and made Jason Knight captain.
After a lacklustre performance in the first half it was 0-0 at the break.
The breakthrough came when an Elmham defender headed into his own net after a ball into the area from Louie Rutherford caused panic.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Woodcock soon found himself bearing down on goal, rounding the keeper before having his effort cleared off the line, but fortunately the ball fell to the feet of Knight who made it 2-0.
Elmham forced Danny Rae into an excellent save from a free-kick, before pulling one back.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
From another Rutherford cross, Jonno Curtis converted his first for Yaxham to make the score 3-1.
Yaxham could even afford a penalty miss as the normally reliable Craig Clarke failed from the spot.