Young Dereham athletes maintain their improvement
- Credit: Archant
Seven Dereham juniors made the trip to Peterborough to compete in the EYAL in a combined team.
For three of the juniors it was a debut in this league and all the U-13 boys did well in their events.
Louis Preston ran in the 100m, coming in fourth with a pb of 16.1. In the 200m he had another pb of 34.1 to come fifth, followed by a seventh place in the 800m with a pb of 2.55.8. Jacob Last was third in the 200m B race (32.4, pb) and fifth in the 800m B race (2.56.5, pb).
Bradley Sumner also had two pbs to his name, in the shot put (4.97m, fifth) and the 100m (fifth, 16.4).
In the U15 girls Beth Barrett ran 14.6 in the 100m and 30.1 in the 200m. In the 75m hurdles she ran a pb time of 13.1 to come second. Erin McNulty came sixth in the long jump (3.10m) and fourth in the 800m (2.41.6).
You may also want to watch:
U17 Abi Foster came fifth in the 300m (47.9) and in the 1,500m Ellie Foster finished fifth in a time of 5.36.6.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut