Young Dereham runners do their club proud
- Credit: Archant
Dereham's junior runners took a trip to the east coast where they competed in the Great Yarmouth open meeting.
There were some great performances, with a good haul of personal bests and a few club records broken.
First up was the U11 60m sprints. For the boys Ethan Barrett won his race with a time 10.1 seconds while Kai Wiseman also came first in 9.6. Tobias Cheesbrough was second with 10.1 (pb).
The girls had Larissa Jones in fourth with a time of 10.9 (pb) while Imogen Davey was third with 11.0 (pb). The last race saw Ellen Symonds come second with 10.2 (pb) and a new club record while in third place was Aisha Elouassi with 10.3 (pb).
In the U13 boys Ali Elouassi ran 10.0 to finish in fourth place and Jacob Last also ran 10.0 to come fifth (pb) both jointly setting a new club record.
You may also want to watch:
The U20 race was won by Nathan Protheroe, who crossed the line in 7.7.
The one mile race saw U13 Louis Preston finish sixth with a pb of 6:23.1 (a new club record) while in eighth place with a pb of 6:26.2 was Jacob Last.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 6 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 7 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
U13 girl Memphis Symonds, a former club member, was cheered round by her old team mates, coming fourth with a time of 5:48.3 (pb) and also ran a time of 23.4 (pb) to come first in her 150m race.
In the senior women's race Grace Bird also ran a pb time of 6:07.6, coming in second in her age group and eighth overall, which was also a club record.
Ali Elouassi in the U13 boys shot putt came fourth with a pb distance of 4.51m.
The U11 600m races saw Ellen Symonds third with 2:11.1 (pb).
In the boys' race Tobias Cheesbrough came in second with a time of 2:03.5 (pb).
Finishing the night were the 150m sprints with Jacob Last fourth with 24.9 (pb) and Ali Elouassi with a time of 24.0 (pb) came in fourth in his race (a new club record).
U13 girl Ella Hunt got herself a pb running a time of 27.6 coming in fourth place.
Beth Barrett ran her race in 22.6 coming fourth, which was an U15 girls club record.
The last race of the evening was for the U20 men where Nathan Protheroe got a pb coming in third with a time of 18.0.
Dereham runners will next be on the track in the East Anglian League at King's Lynn on April 23.