Young dragons ready for action
Dereham's popular Korean martial arts school, Kuk Sool Won, has opened its Little Dragons Club.This is for children aged five to eight years inclusive and they train at the Dereham Leisure Centre every Tuesday evening.
Dereham's popular Korean martial arts school, Kuk Sool Won, has opened its Little Dragons Club.
This is for children aged five to eight years inclusive and they train at the Dereham Leisure Centre every Tuesday evening.
The Little Dragons are instructed by CRB-police checked instructors in a raft of age-specific topics including: martial art drills, physical and mental development activities, confidence building, discipline and respect towards others, life and safety skills, co-ordination, concentration and agility in a fun and safe environment.
The head instructor at the Kuk Sool Won school, fourth degree Chris Winter, said: “Many parents report improvements in behaviour, confidence and school grades from their children involved in our martial arts school. We teach these valuable skills by channelling their energy in a positive manner.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like the opportunity for your child to train with the little Dragons then you can visit the leisure centre any Tuesday evening at 7pm for a free introductory session or to view a class in progress.
The school also has beginner lessons in their cadet classes for nine to 15-year-olds and the seniors at 16 plus.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
For more information call Chris on 01603 881376, or call in on Tuesday evenings.