Young Hayden gets his first taste of success at Dereham Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Due to a lack of nine hole players on May Day Bank Holiday Dereham Golf Club's Steve Jack Trophy competition was postponed.
Monday evening saw five boys competing for the gross and net prizes with Jude Marsden-Mooney taking the gross prize with an amazing gross 50 and Hayden Lambert winning the net prize with a net 38.
This was Hayden's first win since joining the glub earlier this year. Both boys were presented with salvers and pro shop vouchers by the club's vice-president Peter Brightwell.
The junior season continues with the Silver Medal on Sunday, July 16.
Dereham Golf Club will be hosting their Junior Open on Friday, August 4. Application forms are available from the club's website or from junior organiser Jane Bizley on 01362 693153 or at email@example.com ·
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries is July 21 and the handicap limits are 28 (boys) and 36 (girls).
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards