Youth football round-up

Dereham Town Youth U10 Whites v Old Catton: Dereham started the brightest and on two minutes Callum Hardy-Sampson opened the scoring from close range after an excellent Lewis cross from the left. Catton piled on the pressure but Matty commanded his area well and with Ryan playing it cool as ever, Chrisztian's hard tackling & Oscar's never say die attitude it was looking comfortable. However on 10 minutes it all changed as Old Catton scored from close range to make it 1-1. On 15 minutes Old Catton scored from a corner kick, despite a great effort again from Matty to try and keep the ball out. In the second half, with Hardy back on the pitch Dereham were lifted. On 25 mins Ryan played the easy ball out to Hardy who dribbled through the Catton defence only for the ball to pea roll to the keeper and with a massive stroke of luck he let the soft shot go through his body to just cross the line to make it 2-2. Hardy again ran at the defence but this time was fouled 15 yards out. Up stepped Ryan who struck a beauty of a shot into the top left hand side to make it 3-2.

On 35 minutes Hardy yet again took the ball from midfield to beat a couple of players and he had a one on one with the Catton keeper. He coolly took it past him only to be taken out from behind by a Catton defender and the referee had no choice to point to the spot.Despite being on a hat-trick Hardy let Jack take the spot kick only for his hard shot to be well saved and Jack couldn't tuck in the rebound. Final score 3-2.

Dereham Town Youth require U11 players for the 2012-13 season. For more information contact Neil on 07769327166 or email or visit

Dereham U12: After the recent snow Dereham returned to a League Cup quarter-final clash with Spixworth. Dereham started well, Mason's corner finished superbly by Sam. The second came shortly after with Marcus putting away Jake's corner. Marcus followed up with a strike just outside the box after a lovely set up from Sam. Mason's clever free-kick was slotted away by Chris. A powerful run and cross from Will found Jake who hit a rare right foot shot into the top of the net to make it five. The sixth goal came when Jakes' corner hit Chris' back and flew in. Changes were made at half-time with Dan going up front and, Kieran soon set up Sam for number seven. Kieran scored number eight himself after Korben put him through. Dan rewarded the manager's decision when he scored number nine, set up by Sam. Sam completed his hat-trick putting away Korben's blocked shot. Chris got his third thanks to Will's through ball. Final score Dereham 11 Spixworth 0. Dereham look forward to a semi-final away to Scole on March 18. The other semi-final will be between Mulbarton and Taverham. MOM: Marcus.

Most Read

Dereham Wanderers U13 Girls took on Holt United. Dereham soon got to grips with the strong wind and took the lead from Laura. Millie was in a very determined mood in midfield intercepting every through ball. It was soon 2-0 with a goal from Rochy after a neat pass from Laura. Holt pulled one back after a deflection, but Dereham replied instantly with Laura scoring again to complete her hat-trick before the break and make it 3-1 half time. The second half started with the wind in Dereham's favour and they added further goals from Rochy and Laura. Holt did not give up and had a few chances to get back in the game but to no avail. Dereham had plenty more chances to score but good goalkeeping kept the score down. Eventually Laura got two more to make the final score 7-1. Team: (from) Drew, Chloe, Erren, Sassy, Mary, Millie, Natalie, Pheobe, Laura, Rochy. GoM: Millie.

Fakenham Town U12 entertained Toftwood looking to continue the good form they had showed prior to an enforced winter break. Despite a comfortable victory in the away fixture it was clear from the kick off that Toftwood were going to be no pushovers. Fakenham however created the best of the early chances and mid-way through the first half Reece put them ahead when he was teed up in the box by Ben following a good passing move. Toftwood soon got back on level terms. As half-time approached Reece was upended as he tried to break into the box and the resulting free-kick from 20 yards was dispatched into the top corner by Rahul. The lead was then extended when Dominic latched onto a cross and converted neatly to get his name on the scoresheet for the first time this season and in doing so ensured that every player has contributed to the season's goal tally. Half-time 3-1.

In the second half a Toftwood player was left unmarked in the box to reduce the deficit. Captain Aaron's endeavours were rewarded with two goals, the first of which was another excellent strike from the edge of the box.

Rahul grabbed his second of the game from distance and the scoring was completed by the hard working George. Full-time 7-2.

Team: Jamie, Jack, Dominic, Rahul, Josh, George, Reece, Aaron, Ben, Charlie, Thomas, Matthew and Kai.

Litcham U14 travelled to Hungate Rovers for a league fixture, the first since the bad weather. On a bright but still very cold morning it took Litcham a little time to get going and start to control possession but they were rewarded with an early goal when Brandon Nichols ran through to slot home past the advancing keeper. Litcham started to look stronger with the wind behind them, putting a determined Hungate under pressure. Hungate's speedy centre forward latched on to a cleared ball to score before Ben Stiles, Liam Wilson and Brandon Vice scored for a half-time 4-1 lead. In the second half Litcham needed to keep the ball on the floor as the wind was blowing hard in their faces and any clearance was held up in the wind. Some nice interplay through midfield broke the defensive offside line on several occasions with the Litcham players being bought down in the box and penalties awarded. Brandon Vice stepped up to convert two and complete his hat-trick. Ben Beane and Kai contributed to the goal tally with Hungate scoring another good centre forward's effort. Final score: Litcham 8, Hungate 2.