Youth football round-up

DEREHAM TOWN U10 BLACKS v Thorpe Rovers at Northgate. The Blacks were taken by surprise within the first five minutes when the visitors went ahead. Harry replied for the Blacks with a shot at goal, which didn't hit the target, but another cracking shot did, and he drew the scores level. Good play by George and Charlie Dew enabled a corner which Hayden took and the wind curled it perfectly into the goal. Rovers responded and Ashton was quick to save which then led to Aaron's pass to Owen who scored the third. Another shot by Harry, which the goalie saved and with a bit of a scramble in the box Aaron had another go at perfecting his bicycle kick allowing the Rovers to scoot down to the other end, but Charlie Eke blocked their path well. James won the ball and Charlie Dew and Aaron worked well at heading the right way again. Good teamwork all round with Charlie Dew, Harry Hunt and Owen Jermey finding each other well and using good control. Half time was 3-1.

Aaron combined with Owen for number four, soon followed the fifth from Hayden. Owen is known for his powerful headers and narrowly missed the goal. Rovers had another opportunity which Ashton punched out. The pace was fast towards the end of the game and Hayden's corner found Owen's head again and there was the sixth goal. Referee Tony Rickwood called time and the Blacks won 6-1, moving up to fourth in the league.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U14 GIRLS have been given a brand new kit for the new season by Holbrook Leisure, Caravan Sales and Service, of Attleborough.

Holbrook Leisure sales manager, Nathan Dack said: 'Holbrook Leisure were approached by customer Steve Kemp, whose daughter plays in the team. We were extremely pleased to be able to support Dereham Wanderers Girls. Grass roots football is extremely important and the girls' game in particular is getting a better profile all the time.'

LITCHAM U15 welcomed Scole in their first home league fixture. Against all of Litcham's pressure it was Scole who scored first with a well struck free-kick which left the keeper with no chance and rifled into the roof of the net. Litcham still pressed, trying to play their passing game but could not find the net and found a resilient Scole defending their lines. Litcham finally got their deserved breakthrough just before half time to go in at half time drawing 1-1.

After the break and with the wind behind them Litcham played some of their best football. Charlie and Ryan scored long range net busters with Kai's quick feet netting him two, Felix grabbed another two with Harry converting a penalty and the hard work of Ben was rewarded with a great goal. A strong new defensive line of Bud standing in for the injured James with a good debut from Jim and confident performance from Tyler gave the team a dominant platform alongside MoM Harry. Final score Litcham 8 Scole 1.

Most Read

Squad: Brad, Tyler, Bud, Jim, Harry, Charlie, Ryan, Ben, Jake, Felix, Kai, Matthew.