Youth football round-up: Dereham Blacks U10s lose out

DTYU10 Blacks v Old Catton Tigers

Dereham Blacks U10 started the game with plenty of energy and the boys had a fast pace from the off. Ashton had opportunities and with excellent defence by Owen and support by George the boys kept the goals away. Strong mid-field play by Charlie Eke gave lots of leads to Aaron who then chased towards the goal. Charlie Dew had a nice shot but just missed, as did Owen from a corner. Kyle had a go as did James but both lacked accuracy. Harry went off with an injury to his neck which meant Old Catton had ample chances but the Blacks kept the defence strong all through the first half. Half time was 0-0.

Within the first five minutes of the second half Old Catton got a goal. Dereham soon picked up the pace and won a corner which saw a volley by Charlie Eke hit the post. Old Catton retrieved possession and Ashton was unable to stop them scoring a second. Final score was 0-2.

Dereham Town u13 v Fakenham u13: This week was the first round of the Cup and the draw produced a local derby between Division A league leaders Dereham and Division B's high scoring top team Fakenham. The first half saw Dereham start well, and they should have scored several goals but the Fakenham keeper put in a good performance to keep the score 0-0 at half time.

The second half started with a few positional changes and more good play from Dereham and a shot from Chris went across the goal and in off the far post for Dereham's first goal. The second goal soon followed with a cross from Marcus to Charlie who scored number two. Fakenham did pull one goal back with Dereham failing to close down early. A well taken cross from Charlie led to Bradley scoring number three. Dereham 3, Fakenham 1

MoM: Daniel Utting

DEREHAM WANDERERS U14 GIRLS played their third game of the season against Brandon hoping to get their first win. Wanderers started well but were unable to get round the opposition's defence and after 10 minutes found themselves 2-0 down. Dereham stuck to their task and were rewarded with a first goal from Chloe from the edge of the area. They soon got an equaliser with a delicate chip from Rochy over the keeper. Things were looking good but Dereham stepped off the pace a little bit allowing Brandon to get a third goal before half-time. In the second half Brandon soon added two more goals. Dereham did step up again towards the end and were awarded a penalty but Saskia's shot was saved by the keeper. Final score 5-2 to Brandon. Team: Drew, Saskia, Laura, Reya, Natalie, Chloe, Millie, Mary, Shannon, Rochy, Brooke and Meghan.

Most Read