10 things to do around Mid-Norfolk this Easter
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
There are plenty of things planned around Mid-Norfolk over the Easter break.
Here are 10 ideas if you are looking for something to do.
1. The Easter Sunday Fun Day in Fakenham will include fun runs around the town centre, cycling events and stalls in Market Place. The event takes place from 10.30am to 1.30pm.
2. Dereham Windmill is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Easter Monday, starting at 1.30pm and again at 3pm. There are different hunts for children under six and six-and-over. Cost is £3.
3. The Mid-Norfolk Railway is hosting an Easter Eggspress Train on Easter Saturday, with special guests including the Easter Bunny, Peppa Pig and Paddington. Trains leave throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
4. Holkham Hall is hosting Easter events each day until Easter Monday. Visitors can go on a bunny trail, do arts and crafts, take part in a sniffing challenge and decorate an Easter cupcake. There is also storytelling and a treasure hunt.
5. The Wells and Walsingham Light Railway has an White Rabbit Easter Trail, where visitors are invited to join Alice in Wonderland to hunt for clues down the line, with an Easter egg reward at the end. The trail runs until Easter Monday.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
6. Blakeney Quay has a 'Terrific Tuesday' event on April 3 run by the National Trust team. Children are able to learn how to catch a crab, look for bird life, go bug hunting and explore the grassland at Friary Hills. The meeting point is Blakeney Quay, 11am to 4pm.
7. Who Knew, a The Who tribute, will play the band's favourite hits at The Cherry Tree in Dereham on Easter Saturday, starting at 9pm.
8. The band Renegade Twelve will play rock covers and originals at the Rampant Horse Inn in Fakenham, starting at 9pm.
9. The Dereham Young Farmers Dinner Dance takes place at Bawburgh Golf Club on Easter Saturday at 7pm.
10. A special Easter Sunday service will take place at Walsingham Abbey Grounds at 1pm on Easter Sunday.