10 things to do around Mid-Norfolk this Easter
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
There are plenty of things planned around Mid-Norfolk over the Easter break.
Here are 10 ideas if you are looking for something to do.
1. The Easter Sunday Fun Day in Fakenham will include fun runs around the town centre, cycling events and stalls in Market Place. The event takes place from 10.30am to 1.30pm.
2. Dereham Windmill is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Easter Monday, starting at 1.30pm and again at 3pm. There are different hunts for children under six and six-and-over. Cost is £3.
3. The Mid-Norfolk Railway is hosting an Easter Eggspress Train on Easter Saturday, with special guests including the Easter Bunny, Peppa Pig and Paddington. Trains leave throughout the day.
4. Holkham Hall is hosting Easter events each day until Easter Monday. Visitors can go on a bunny trail, do arts and crafts, take part in a sniffing challenge and decorate an Easter cupcake. There is also storytelling and a treasure hunt.
5. The Wells and Walsingham Light Railway has an White Rabbit Easter Trail, where visitors are invited to join Alice in Wonderland to hunt for clues down the line, with an Easter egg reward at the end. The trail runs until Easter Monday.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 7 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 8 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
6. Blakeney Quay has a 'Terrific Tuesday' event on April 3 run by the National Trust team. Children are able to learn how to catch a crab, look for bird life, go bug hunting and explore the grassland at Friary Hills. The meeting point is Blakeney Quay, 11am to 4pm.
7. Who Knew, a The Who tribute, will play the band's favourite hits at The Cherry Tree in Dereham on Easter Saturday, starting at 9pm.
8. The band Renegade Twelve will play rock covers and originals at the Rampant Horse Inn in Fakenham, starting at 9pm.
9. The Dereham Young Farmers Dinner Dance takes place at Bawburgh Golf Club on Easter Saturday at 7pm.
10. A special Easter Sunday service will take place at Walsingham Abbey Grounds at 1pm on Easter Sunday.