10 things to do on Norfolk Day in mid-Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The countdown has begun to Norfolk Day and, across the area, businesses, charities and community groups are gearing up to mark the occasion.
Here are just 10 of the host of events on offer in mid-Norfolk.
Holkham Hall will be hosting children's games and activities, crafts, a Norfolk quiz and community group stalls, with a plant sale and a cake stall and half price entry to the Field to Fork experience and walled garden. 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
There's a barbecue night with live music and Norfolk food and drink at the Beach Café, Beach Road, Wells, from 5pm. 01328 713055.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
Visitors are invited to step back in time to the 1940s at an evacuee-themed afternoon tea and dance at Dereham Meeting Point in St Withburga Lane. Runs from 10am-3.30pm. 01362 698866.
Thetford Church will be opening its doors for an 'Old Bootiful' flower festival. Runs from July 27-29.
Follow the old pilgrim's route from St Andrew's Church, Great Ryburgh, through Great Snoring and Little Snoring, before ending up in Walsingham for breakfast and history talks. Sets off at 6.30am. www.cprenorfolk.org.ukSwaffham Museum manager Dr Sue Gattuso will be hosting a history walk from Swaffham library at 2pm.
Fakenham library will be displaying old scrapbooks compiled over four decades from the late 1930s by former Colkirk resident Mary Nelson. 2pm-7pm.
The Beach Café at Wells-next-the-Sea is laying on a barbecue night from 5pm. With live music, as well as Norfolk produce including Black Shuck gin and Holkham venison burgers on sale.
There's a have-a-go open day at Dereham Indoor Bowling Centre from 10am-2pm, at Dereham Leisure Centre, Station Road.
Visitors to the Wells Heritage Centre, The Maltings, can see four galleries devoted to the history of the town, as well as stories and well-known characters from the past. 10am-6pm, free entry.
• Find out more about #NorfolkDay by following @Norfolk on Twitter and by visiting the 'Norfolk Day' Facebook group.