Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- Credit: Noah Vickers
A Dereham pub is set to host its own beer and blues festival in the absence of one of the town's favourite events.
The Royal Standard, on Baxter Row, is holding the three-day event this weekend.
It will feature 30 real ales and live music from four bands between Friday (September 24) and Sunday.
Staff at The Standard decided to put on their own celebration after Dereham Blues Festival was cancelled for the second consecutive year.
The musical extravaganza typically attracts thousands of people to the town, but was deemed impractical amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The Royal Standard reopened in April, having been closed for a year following the outbreak of the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Details for the bands playing at the beer and blues festival are as follows:
- Friday 9-11pm: Bell Ayre
- Saturday 5-7pm: After Hours
- Saturday 9-11pm: Against the Grain
- Sunday 7-9pm: John's Blues Crew
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
Pulled pork rolls will be on offer throughout the weekend.