Beer festival set for new milestone
MATTISHALL'S annual beer festival is all set to top the five-0 this year.That's the number of barrels expected to be exceeded when the event takes place at Cafe Verde and South Green Park Enterprise Centre on Saturday, July 26.
MATTISHALL'S annual beer festival is all set to top the five-0 this year.
That's the number of barrels expected to be exceeded when the event takes place at Cafe Verde and South Green Park Enterprise Centre on Saturday, July 26.
The festival aims to champion the achievements of the region's brewers, large and small.
And organiser Mark Raines said: "This year, more than 50 barrels from more than 40 breweries across East Anglia will help to celebrate a real Norfolk success story - superb local ales with character and flavour; traditional beers made by people with passion."
You may also want to watch:
When the festival was launched three years ago it featured just 18 beers.
Gates will open at midday and the event will run until midnight. There will be live music from six local bands, a bouncy castle and tenpin bowling for children, and a BBQ and hog roast on offer throughout the festival.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 9 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
Tickets, at £6.50 for adults and £3 for accompanied children aged between 12 and 17, can now be ordered at www.cafe-verde.co.uk, or you can call 01362 857157.
Welborne's busy community events team is organising a bottled beer festival on Saturday, July 5.
A marquee will be set up near the village hall, there will be a barbecue, and the entertainment will include live music featuring three bands.
The festival will run from 4pm to 11pm, and advance tickets, at £6, and more information are available by calling 01362 858184 or 858456.