Beer festival set for new milestone
MATTISHALL'S annual beer festival is all set to top the five-0 this year.That's the number of barrels expected to be exceeded when the event takes place at Cafe Verde and South Green Park Enterprise Centre on Saturday, July 26.
MATTISHALL'S annual beer festival is all set to top the five-0 this year.
That's the number of barrels expected to be exceeded when the event takes place at Cafe Verde and South Green Park Enterprise Centre on Saturday, July 26.
The festival aims to champion the achievements of the region's brewers, large and small.
And organiser Mark Raines said: "This year, more than 50 barrels from more than 40 breweries across East Anglia will help to celebrate a real Norfolk success story - superb local ales with character and flavour; traditional beers made by people with passion."
When the festival was launched three years ago it featured just 18 beers.
Gates will open at midday and the event will run until midnight. There will be live music from six local bands, a bouncy castle and tenpin bowling for children, and a BBQ and hog roast on offer throughout the festival.
- 1 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 2 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 3 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 4 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 5 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 6 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 7 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
- 8 Cost of living - 'Rising energy bills mean we've had to shut'
- 9 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
Tickets, at £6.50 for adults and £3 for accompanied children aged between 12 and 17, can now be ordered at www.cafe-verde.co.uk, or you can call 01362 857157.
Welborne's busy community events team is organising a bottled beer festival on Saturday, July 5.
A marquee will be set up near the village hall, there will be a barbecue, and the entertainment will include live music featuring three bands.
The festival will run from 4pm to 11pm, and advance tickets, at £6, and more information are available by calling 01362 858184 or 858456.