Concert performers at village church in Fulmodeston look to America for musical inspiration
- Credit: Stephen Miles
The great American songbook comes to Christ Church in Fulmodeston on Saturday with songs performed by a soprano and tenor who are just as at home on a West End stage.
Jane Roberson and Stephen Miles join with Kathleen Wyatt on piano to perform a selection of the most important and influential American popular songs and jazz standards from the first part of the 20th century.
As well as performing in the West End the singers have enthralled audiences on international concert platforms, in opera and in the recording studio.
It includes the most popular and enduring songs from the 1920s to the 1950s that were created for Broadway, musical theatre, and Hollywood musical film.
Their popularity has seen a growing number of rock and pop singers recording the songs in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 11am and entry is free with a retiring collection for the church.
- 1 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 2 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 4 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 5 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 10 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October