Concert performers at village church in Fulmodeston look to America for musical inspiration
- Credit: Stephen Miles
The great American songbook comes to Christ Church in Fulmodeston on Saturday with songs performed by a soprano and tenor who are just as at home on a West End stage.
Jane Roberson and Stephen Miles join with Kathleen Wyatt on piano to perform a selection of the most important and influential American popular songs and jazz standards from the first part of the 20th century.
As well as performing in the West End the singers have enthralled audiences on international concert platforms, in opera and in the recording studio.
It includes the most popular and enduring songs from the 1920s to the 1950s that were created for Broadway, musical theatre, and Hollywood musical film.
Their popularity has seen a growing number of rock and pop singers recording the songs in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 11am and entry is free with a retiring collection for the church.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town