6 private gardens opening to the public in Norfolk this September
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Scheme gives visitors access to 3,600 private gardens across England and Wales, which includes many in Norfolk.
Since its launch in 1927, the scheme has donated more than £60 million to its beneficiaries through admissions, teas and cake, which includes Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie and The Queen's Nursing Institute.
The 2021 Norfolk season will be brought to a close this autumn with six gardens opening in September and one in October.
Here is where you can visit in September:
1. 33 Waldemar Avenue, Hellesdon, NR6 6TB
When: Sunday, September 5, 10am-5pm
2. Holme Hale Hall, Holme Hale IP25 7ED
- 1 Drivers face delays after two crashes near Dereham
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 The Norfolk festival where under 13s get in for free
- 4 Heatwave to return this week - but how hot is Norfolk going to be?
- 5 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 6 Tributes to 'brilliant role model' who worked tirelessly for his cricket club
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Not a lot of spending' - Dereham traders report footfall decline
- 9 Earn a share of £16,000 giveaway for the charity that matters to you!
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
Sunday, September 5, 12pm-4pm
3. Chapel Cottage, Rougham, PE32 2SE
Sunday, September 12, 10.30am-4.30pm
4. High House Gardens, Shipdham, IP25 7PU
Sunday, September 12, 2pm-5.30pm/Wednesday, September 15, 2pm-5.30pm
5. Manor House Farm, Coston, NR9 4DT
Sunday, September 19, 11am-5pm
6. Silverstone Farm, North Elmham, NR20 5EX
Sunday, September 19, 2pm-5pm
Finishing the 2021 season in October:
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden, East Ruston, NR12 9HN
Saturday, October 16, 12pm-5pm
Tickets can be purchased at ngs.org.uk or on the gate and entry for children is free.