Norfolk railway launches vintage day and model exhibition
- Credit: MNR
The Mid Norfolk Railway (MNR) is set to host a vintage day alongside a new exhibition.
Around 30 vintage vehicles will be displayed at Dereham station car park for the Mid Norfolk Railway's Vintage Bus and Coach Day on Saturday, May 8.
There will also be the chance to ride some of the buses for free around the town and to Yaxham, Hardingham station and County School.
Meanwhile, the exhibition will be located in a marquee at the station, and is being displayed by the East Anglian Meccano Set.
There will be models including road vehicles, industrial machinery, aircraft, fairground rides and a working model railway.
Both the bus rides and access to the Meccano exhibition are free.
A full price adult ticket for the MNR, allowing unlimited train travel from Dereham to Wymondham Abbey, is priced at £17 per person.
- 1 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 2 Frustration grows over children's play area locked up for almost a year
- 3 Cost of living - 'Rising energy bills mean we've had to shut'
- 4 Excitement building ahead of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 Mobile food store launched to help Breckland's rural communities
- 6 What's going to be happening on Dereham Day?
- 7 This £350k period home could be as much as £1m in London, says agent
- 8 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
- 9 'Life-saving' mobile cancer unit helps more than 1,000 people in first year
- 10 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
Up to two children can travel for free with each full price-paying adult.
Times and fares are available on the Mid Norfolk Railway website.