Red Arrows to Spitfires: Aircraft to see over Norfolk this jubilee weekend
- Credit: Ian Burt
From Red Arrows to Hurricanes, Norfolk's skies will be full of things to see this weekend for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Here is everywhere you can see aircraft displays in the county this bank holiday weekend.
The flypast on Thursday, June 2, will see 70 aircraft, including the Red Arrows and a Lancaster bomber, fly from the North Sea towards London where they will pass over Buckingham Palace.
The route shared by Military Airshows has the group starting at the Wash near King's Lynn at about 11.45am.
The aircraft will reach north Norfolk at 12.15pm before passing over Swaffham and Thetford and then into Suffolk.
As part of this seaside town's jubilee celebrations, a Second World War Spitfire is set to fly over the seafront at 5pm on Thursday, June 2.
The last time such an event was held was in 2013.
- 1 Heatwave parks steam engines and closes routes for railway
- 2 Townsfolk and firefighters join forces to battle blaze at moor
- 3 Couple fined after string of thefts at Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores
- 4 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 5 Magpies start new league season with 1-1 draw
- 6 Teddy, set, go! Windmill set to host popular zip wire event
- 7 Covid vaccination centre to shut within a month of opening
- 8 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 9 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 10 Work to pave way for £200m dualling of A47 will begin this year
Other events in Cromer include a street party in Church Street, a torchlit procession from the churchyard to Runton Road carpark, and the jubilee beacon lighting.
This village fete is showcasing replicas of Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft on the first day of the event, Friday, June 3, from 12pm to 5pm.
There is also a planned Spitfire flypast on the second day, Saturday, June 4, at about 12.25pm.
The fete is at The Costessey Centre in Longwater Lane and has more than 100 stalls, live bands, and a fireworks display.
There is plenty to see at this jubilee event at the Royal Estate in Norfolk, from classic cars to live music and more.
A Hurricane from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Display will fly over Sandringham on Friday, June 3, for the Katherine Jenkins concert and on Sunday, June 5, for the pageant.
There will also be a parachuting demonstration from the RAF Falcons Military Display Team at 12pm and 3pm on Sunday, June 5.
Our Queen's Platinum Reign magazine is a tribute to Her Majesty's life and 70 years of service drawn from our archive. Find out more here.