Talented youngsters rehearsing musical based on Shakespeare and Forbidden Planet
- Credit: Archant
Members of a youth theatre group are busy rehearsing what they hope will be another great musical in Dereham.
Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company (DOSYTCo), which has a cast of actors, aged between nine and 18, will perform Return to the Forbidden Planet during April.
The musical is loosely based on Shakespeare's The Tempest and the 1956 sci-fi classic film Forbidden Planet and is set to a rock 'n' roll score.
It features hits of the '50s and '60s such as Great Balls of Fire, The Monster Mash and Good Vibrations and will be shown at Dereham Memorial Hall.
Return to the Forbidden Planet is on every evening at 7.30pm between April 10 and 13, plus a performance on the Saturday at 2.20pm.
Tickets are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or via the box-office at Bright and Beautiful Flowers, 3a Wellington Road, Dereham, NR19 2BP or on 01362 288124.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal