Talented youngsters rehearsing musical based on Shakespeare and Forbidden Planet
- Credit: Archant
Members of a youth theatre group are busy rehearsing what they hope will be another great musical in Dereham.
Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company (DOSYTCo), which has a cast of actors, aged between nine and 18, will perform Return to the Forbidden Planet during April.
The musical is loosely based on Shakespeare's The Tempest and the 1956 sci-fi classic film Forbidden Planet and is set to a rock 'n' roll score.
It features hits of the '50s and '60s such as Great Balls of Fire, The Monster Mash and Good Vibrations and will be shown at Dereham Memorial Hall.
Return to the Forbidden Planet is on every evening at 7.30pm between April 10 and 13, plus a performance on the Saturday at 2.20pm.
Tickets are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or via the box-office at Bright and Beautiful Flowers, 3a Wellington Road, Dereham, NR19 2BP or on 01362 288124.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town