Talented youngsters rehearsing musical based on Shakespeare and Forbidden Planet
- Credit: Archant
Members of a youth theatre group are busy rehearsing what they hope will be another great musical in Dereham.
Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company (DOSYTCo), which has a cast of actors, aged between nine and 18, will perform Return to the Forbidden Planet during April.
The musical is loosely based on Shakespeare's The Tempest and the 1956 sci-fi classic film Forbidden Planet and is set to a rock 'n' roll score.
It features hits of the '50s and '60s such as Great Balls of Fire, The Monster Mash and Good Vibrations and will be shown at Dereham Memorial Hall.
Return to the Forbidden Planet is on every evening at 7.30pm between April 10 and 13, plus a performance on the Saturday at 2.20pm.
Tickets are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or via the box-office at Bright and Beautiful Flowers, 3a Wellington Road, Dereham, NR19 2BP or on 01362 288124.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road