Fairytale fun coming to Gressenhall museum this weekend
- Credit: Submitted
There will be a sprinkling of magic dust as a museum gets set to bring your favourite fairy tales to life.
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse is holding its Summer Story Festival this weekend with a chance for youngsters to meet much-loved characters and take part in a range of activities.
Children will be able to lend a hand in Cinderella's kitchen, help the Queen of Hearts find her tarts and decorate their own gingerbread man.
Those looking for adventure can become a daring knight and see if they can spot Snap the dragon.
In the collections centre visitors will be able to hunt out the West Runton mammoth and look through displays.
You may also want to watch:
For the creative they will be able to build an enchanting house, perfect for gnomes and fairies in the Art Attack area.
As well as old favourites you can discover new fables in puppet shows from The Fools Puppet Theatre Companie or snuggle down to enjoy classic tales in the story tent.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development
The event takes place on Sunday, August 9, between 10am and 5pm.
While all activities are free with admission normal ticket prices will be charged.
Adults cost £10.50, concessions £9.50, young people (4-18) £7.50, family tickets (one adult and all children) are £22, family tickets (two adults and all children) are £30.
Norfolk Museums Pass holders enter for free.
To order tickets and to find out more visit www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/Gressenhall