Festival for beer lovers
Real ale lovers will have a bank holiday treat when the Dereham Beer Festival kicks off.More than 40 real ale and ciders will be on offer during the three day event, which last year saw 1000 people turn out.
Real ale lovers will have a bank holiday treat when the Dereham Beer Festival kicks off.
More than 40 real ale and ciders will be on offer during the three day event, which last year saw 1000 people turn out.
This is the second year it has been run and all proceeds will go to Help For Heroes, the charity raising money to help rehabilitate injured servicemen.
Organiser Graham Cook said: “We want to make this an annual event for Dereham, and it is for the good of the town.”
The festival, featuring mainly Norfolk produced beers, will take place at Dereham Memorial Hall on Friday May 23 from 12pm to 12am, Saturday May 24 from 12pm to 12am, Sunday May 25 12pm to12am and Mon May 26 from 12pm to 5pm with half price entry.
Live music will be from 6pm every night; Friday Skafish, Saturday Blue Fingers and Against the Grain, and on Sunday Irish group Fo'C'Ste.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 4 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 5 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Entry is £3 and includes a festival brochure and entertainment.