Festive food, fun and even fowl at the Abbey
- Credit: Matthew Usher
There are a host of events at Creake Abbey cafe and food hall in the run up to Christmas.
It starts tonight with late night shopping from 5pm to 8pm (also on December 18).
You can also take the tasting tour in the Food Hall - a glass of wine and tasters for just £5.
There are two Christmas Party Nights tomorrow and Friday, December 19 from 6pm to 10pm, with live music from Ed and Laura singing old and new favourites from Elvis and Ella Fitzgerald to Adele and Duffy, and a special Christmas menu.
Booking is essential, call on 01328 730399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Creake Abbey Christmas Farmers' Market is on Saturday, December 20 from 9.30am to 1pm with some of the region's finest producers and festive goodies. Enjoy face painting fun in the Cafe and collect your Christmas orders.
Then just in time for the big day you can even prepare your own three bird roast.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Join head butcher Lisa Scothern on Monday, December 22 from 6.30pm to 9.30pm who will show you how to bone and prepare the birds ready for the oven to take home for your Christmas meal. £10 per person plus the cost of your birds (which you can discuss when booking).
Places limited so booking is essential on 01328 730399. Refreshments included.
* Creake Abbey will also be selling some of its produce at the Christmas Food and Craft Market on Sunday at Drove Orchards in Thornham from 10am to 3pm.
There will be delicious goodies and gifts for all the family, food stalls including chutneys, pickles, jams, homemade cakes, gingerbread, cupcakes along with oils, smoked meats, cheeses, French produce, chocolates, gluten free products and much more.
There will be stalls selling natural skincare products, crafts, pottery, photography, candles, wreaths, upcycled gifts, antiques and more. La Campagna will also be serving food and hot drinks, and Bells and Whistles, Vintage Home and Garden and Nelle-dk will be open and full of fab gift ideas. Enjoy carols from local school children, face painting fun and step back in time with a Medieval Christmas with the Apple Ladies from Kolomna. Free entry and free parking.
* There are more workshops after Christmas so visit www.creakeabbeycafe.com for more information.