Be quick if you'd like a stall at the popular grand fete in aid of St Mary's Church, Gressenhall.The event will be held on Gressenhall Green on Saturday, May 31 (2pm-5pm) and will be opened by the Bishop of Lynn, the Rt Rev James Langstaff.
Be quick if you'd like a stall at the popular grand fete in aid of St Mary's Church, Gressenhall.
The event will be held on Gressenhall Green on Saturday, May 31 (2pm-5pm) and will be opened by the Bishop of Lynn, the Rt Rev James Langstaff.
He will also lead a Songs of Praise service in the marquee at the green on Sunday, June 1 at 3pm. You can send in requests for your favourite hymns. The fete has grown considerably in size since its relaunch three years ago, and, as well as cake, book, plant and bric-a-brac stalls you will be able to meet local organisations and businesses reflecting the talent and interests of local people. There'll be crafts of all kinds, from stick-making to jewellery, and there will be much to buy, from fresh produce to pet items. Deadline to apply for a stall is Tuesday, March 20.
A fancy dress competition for pre-schoolers and ages five to seven will have the theme Pirates and Princesses. Entry is free, and no entry form will be needed.
You may also want to watch:
The fun dog show returns for a second year, and there will be six classes. Entry forms will be available from the shop or on the day from the organiser; cost is £1 per dog per class.
New to the fete this year will be a painting competition for age groups seven to 10 and 11-16. Entry forms will be available from the shop or from Mr B Moore at 66 Bittering Street, Gressenhall. Entry is free, and all the works of art will be displayed in the Reading Room on the day of the fete.
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
More information from Elspeth Mackinlay on 01362 860302.