First World War drama at Whissonsett and Bradenham
- Credit: Archant
A collection of letters written by six young women during the First World War is brought to life in a touching new show being performed as part of ongoing commemorative events in the region.
My Dearest Girls is an interesting and poignant insight into the day to day lives of the women who worked and waited whilst the men were at The Front.
The letters exchanged between a nurse, teacher, farmer, factory worker and young wife during that time are a fascinating look at life on the Home Front told from a refreshing new angle by actress Francesca Millican Slater.
My Dearest Girls is at Whissonsett Village Hall on Friday March 13 at 7.30pm and at the Heart of Norfolk in Bradenham on Saturday, March 14, also at 7.30pm.
This event is organised in partnership with Creative Arts East with funding by Arts Council England, Norfolk County Council and Breckland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Whissonsett cost £7.50 from 01328 700010 or 01328 700288.
Tickets for Bradenham cost £5 from 0871 234 1691 or online at hon.pm/boxoffice.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road