First World War drama at Whissonsett and Bradenham
- Credit: Archant
A collection of letters written by six young women during the First World War is brought to life in a touching new show being performed as part of ongoing commemorative events in the region.
My Dearest Girls is an interesting and poignant insight into the day to day lives of the women who worked and waited whilst the men were at The Front.
The letters exchanged between a nurse, teacher, farmer, factory worker and young wife during that time are a fascinating look at life on the Home Front told from a refreshing new angle by actress Francesca Millican Slater.
My Dearest Girls is at Whissonsett Village Hall on Friday March 13 at 7.30pm and at the Heart of Norfolk in Bradenham on Saturday, March 14, also at 7.30pm.
This event is organised in partnership with Creative Arts East with funding by Arts Council England, Norfolk County Council and Breckland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Whissonsett cost £7.50 from 01328 700010 or 01328 700288.
Tickets for Bradenham cost £5 from 0871 234 1691 or online at hon.pm/boxoffice.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 4 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 5 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 6 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters