Food and ale added to the menu for Fakenham Fair
- Credit: Keith Osborn Photography
All the festival favourites will be on the menu at this year's Fakenham Fair as well as the addition of a new food festival.
The fair will have a vintage 1950s theme and will be aiming to bring the nostalgic song and dance of that era to the day.
At 1pm there will be a procession of vintage vehicles and performers through the town centre from Highfield car park.
The cars will be joined by 1st Academy of Dance and Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society as they head to Milennium Park where Norwich City legend Ken Brown will open the fair. Among the entertainment on offer will be a 1950s penalty shoot out, Glee Club choir, touch rugby, Juke Box Jury game, Taekwondo, It's A Knock Out style team games and a performance by 1st Academy of Dance.
There will also be performances in the Busker's Tent from the likes of Datty Shud, Anto Morra, Grandmaster Folk, Smith and Wykes, Craig Lewis and sax and clarinet duo Alligan & Kaira Bundock.
You may also want to watch:
Local producers and street food sellers will be on hand for the Fakenham Food Festival along with some breweries which will be selling their Norfolk ales as the festival is once again licensed.
There will also be a Great Fakenham Bake Off event and a cocktail bar, which is a joint venture by a brewery and liquor producer.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
Children can look forward to face painting, fairground rides, a coconut shy, Splat the Rat, a lucky dip and mask making with the Hawk and Owl Trust.
There will be a floral and vegetable display by Fakenham Horticultural Society and a display by Norfolk Knitters and Stitchers, who sell their handiworks for charity.
Visitors can try their hand at archery with the Fakenham Bowmen and the North Norfolk Astronomy Society are giving a solar display.
Fakenham Fair takes place on Saturday, August 23, from 11am to 5pm at the Millennium Park.
If you would like to join the procession contact Lisa Mallett at Sweets n Things 01328 855172.