Norfolk beer garden named best in country
A Norfolk pub’s beer garden has been named the best in the country at the Great British Pub Awards.
The Brisley Bell, in The Green, Brisley, beat pubs from across the UK to win the 'Best Beer Garden' title in a competition which saw judges travel across the country to find the winner.
Amelia Nicholson and Marcus Seaman bought the pub in 2015 in a derelict state and have since renovated the pub and garden.
The garden was a "labour of love" for the couple.
They invested in new garden furniture and created a whole new outdoor seating area called The Shed.
The Great British Pub Awards is described as the "Oscars of the pub industry" and celebrates the work which pubs do within communities.
The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell in Suffolk was named the best pub for food.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide