When will vegan burger come to Norfolk's McDonalds?
- Credit: Archant
McDonalds is set to introduce a new plant-based burger for vegans, which will be trialled at selected Norfolk restaurants later this year.
The fast-food chain says the new McPlant burger offers the “same great taste and experience you would expect from a McDonald’s burger”.
From September 29, the new burger will be trialled in 10 restaurants in Coventry and from October 13, a further 250 plus sites will see it introduced — including 20 sites across Norfolk and Waveney.
McDonalds hope to roll out the McPlant nationwide in 2022.
The new burger features a plant-based patty co-developed with Beyond Meat as well as vegan sesame seed bun, mustard, ketchup, vegan sauce, fresh onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese.
It is cooked separately from other McDonald’s burgers and sandwiches using dedicated meat-free utensils.
Michelle Graham-Clare, chief marketing officer, said: “As with every McDonald’s offering, we take our time to ensure it meets the highest standards and is something that all our customers will enjoy.
- 1 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?
- 4 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 5 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 6 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 7 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 8 Delays after BMW crashes into tree on A47
- 9 Pig farmer's invention wins national innovation award
- 10 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
“We’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
To check where you can get a McPlant from October 13 visit here, https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/latest-updates/mcplant.html.