When will vegan burger come to Norfolk's McDonalds?
- Credit: Archant
McDonalds is set to introduce a new plant-based burger for vegans, which will be trialled at selected Norfolk restaurants later this year.
The fast-food chain says the new McPlant burger offers the “same great taste and experience you would expect from a McDonald’s burger”.
From September 29, the new burger will be trialled in 10 restaurants in Coventry and from October 13, a further 250 plus sites will see it introduced — including 20 sites across Norfolk and Waveney.
McDonalds hope to roll out the McPlant nationwide in 2022.
The new burger features a plant-based patty co-developed with Beyond Meat as well as vegan sesame seed bun, mustard, ketchup, vegan sauce, fresh onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese.
You may also want to watch:
It is cooked separately from other McDonald’s burgers and sandwiches using dedicated meat-free utensils.
Michelle Graham-Clare, chief marketing officer, said: “As with every McDonald’s offering, we take our time to ensure it meets the highest standards and is something that all our customers will enjoy.
- 1 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 4 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 5 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 6 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 7 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 8 The ones to watch at this year's Norfolk Open Studios
- 9 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 10 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
“We’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
To check where you can get a McPlant from October 13 visit here, https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/latest-updates/mcplant.html.