Gallery launches artist's drop-in
A Dereham gallery has launched a drop-in service for artists and crafts people in the area. It started on Tuesday at @ The Gallery in Georges Road. The drop-in will be available during gallery opening hours and also, initially, on Tuesday evenings.
A Dereham gallery has launched a drop-in service for artists and crafts people in the area.
It started on Tuesday at @ The Gallery in Georges Road. The drop-in will be available during gallery opening hours and also, initially, on Tuesday evenings between 4.30pm and 7.30pm.
Judy Thomas, who runs the gallery, said: 'We will eventually have some regular evening sessions for 'drop in' too.
'The idea is to give local artists an informal place they can just 'drop in' to exchange information, views and ideas or simply chat with other artists.
You may also want to watch:
'We will keep an artist message book where artists can leave information etc for one another.
'The book will be available to all artists and members of the public who would like to contact to an artist or ask for advice etcetera.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
'This is to be a totally informal meeting point with no rules or regulations, it is simply to provide a support network for artists and crafts people who feel they would like more contact with other artists and craftspeople, or would like to know who else is working in the area.
'We would like any artists and crafts people who are interested in the idea of the group to 'drop in' and make themselves known to the gallery.'
The gallery will also keep a diary of all forthcoming exhibitions in Norfolk as they become aware of them.
Gallery opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm and Saturday 9.30am-3.30pm.
For more information go to www.thegallerydereham.com or call 01362 690969.