Gallery launches artist's drop-in
A Dereham gallery has launched a drop-in service for artists and crafts people in the area. It started on Tuesday at @ The Gallery in Georges Road. The drop-in will be available during gallery opening hours and also, initially, on Tuesday evenings.
A Dereham gallery has launched a drop-in service for artists and crafts people in the area.
It started on Tuesday at @ The Gallery in Georges Road. The drop-in will be available during gallery opening hours and also, initially, on Tuesday evenings between 4.30pm and 7.30pm.
Judy Thomas, who runs the gallery, said: 'We will eventually have some regular evening sessions for 'drop in' too.
'The idea is to give local artists an informal place they can just 'drop in' to exchange information, views and ideas or simply chat with other artists.
You may also want to watch:
'We will keep an artist message book where artists can leave information etc for one another.
'The book will be available to all artists and members of the public who would like to contact to an artist or ask for advice etcetera.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 5 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 6 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 7 Dereham Blues Festival cancelled for second year running
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
'This is to be a totally informal meeting point with no rules or regulations, it is simply to provide a support network for artists and crafts people who feel they would like more contact with other artists and craftspeople, or would like to know who else is working in the area.
'We would like any artists and crafts people who are interested in the idea of the group to 'drop in' and make themselves known to the gallery.'
The gallery will also keep a diary of all forthcoming exhibitions in Norfolk as they become aware of them.
Gallery opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm and Saturday 9.30am-3.30pm.
For more information go to www.thegallerydereham.com or call 01362 690969.