Gressenhall gears up for grand fete
One of the first fetes of the year in the Dereham area is gearing up to be a grand event with a new attraction of an auction of promises. The St Mary's Grand Fete at Gressenhall is on Saturday, May 30, from 2pm until 5pm on the village green.
One of the first fetes of the year in the Dereham area is gearing up to be a grand event with a new attraction of an auction of promises.
The St Mary's Grand Fete at Gressenhall is on Saturday, May 30, from 2pm until 5pm on the village green.
The fete's popular dog show will make be back along with entertainment from the Wensum Valley Handbell Ringers and Gressenhall's own Linda at the keyboard.
There will also be wonderful teas and organisers are expecting between 30 and 40 stalls and games of all sorts.
You may also want to watch:
New for this year is an auction of promises with prizes including a full day bird of prey experience, a day's fishing, a dog training session or a family day out at a local attraction.
This year the theme for the childrens' fancy dress will be Comic Book Characters.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
A new CD record of every memorial and grave in St Marys church and churchyard created by villager John Moulton will also be for sale. It includes a history of the church and plans.
The fete will be opened by St Mary's new rector, Rev Robert Marsden.
Compere for the Fete will be Graham Griffiths and organiser on the day will be Ted Turney, who was 90 years of age on February 8.
On Sunday, May 31, there will be a Songs of Praise service on the green at 3.30pm.
For more information contact Elspeth Mackinlay on 01362 860302.