History comes to life at spectacular day out
- Credit: Archant
Mediaeval characters and activities will bring Pensthorpe Natural Park alive this bank holiday weekend as a popular event returns for its 10th year.
The Mediaeval Spectacular will once again be held between Saturday, August 23 and Monday, August 25 giving visitors a rare taste of life in ancient times.
Living history encampments will transport visitors back in time with Minstrels, a barber surgeon – not for the faint hearted – puppet show and a Mediaeval market among the highlights.
They will also have the opportunity to meet characters from the past such as the Archer, the Alchemist, Falconer and Nun. Plus watch axe-wielding warriors in action and superb real jousting competitions take place before your very eyes.
There will be live period music and a succulent hog roast delivering an authentic taste of Mediaeval life, plus lots of interaction with the medieval characters.
Mark Noble, commercial manager at Pensthorpe, said: 'It's no surprise that our Mediaeval Spectacular has passed the test of time to remain one of our most popular weekends of the year. We're delighted it's back for its tenth year - we hope that lots of families looking for an educational but seriously captivating day out will come to meet some of the heroes and heroines of our past.'
Ian Pycroft from Black Knight Historical, co-organisers of the event, said there would be activites for everyone to enjoy. He said: 'Visitors will find themselves witnessing the pageantry of the joust, an archery competition, the search for the Philosophers stone, a fishing village with coracles, beautiful birds of prey in flight, dancing with the Minstrels, heckling at the puppet show, seeing period crafts being worked, extreme knightly combat and much more.' Entry to Mediaeval Spectacular is included in the regular Pensthorpe admission price, which also includes access to the children's outdoor activity development WildRootz.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
Visit www.pensthorpe.com or call 01328 851465 for more information and opening times.